PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

A perfectly patchy Pippi rug & the Rodeo Kid




When I was a wee gurl I loved Pippi Longstocking!  
While I was wandering the aisles of my local JoAnns, I ended up in the book section.  
I was lookin' for inspiration and boy did I find the perfect book.  
It's filled with lots of fun projects and the first one I had to make was the Pippi rug.  
Anything with clogs is a good thing.

For the skirt portion, I used an embroidered pillowcase I thrifted and chopped up a bunch of bright fabrics I had gathering dust in my cupboard upstairs.
Some are thrifted sheets or old shirts.

Even though this is a rug, I certainly can see it as a wallhanging.  
I mean, who really wants to get something so cute dirty?  
I have declared in my household tis only MOI who can set her tippy toes on Pippi.

If you'd like to make one, there's a tutorial online here so you really don't have to buy the book to make one.  
But I do recommend it.  
I'm not a paid spokesperson, I just thought I'd share!



Bubby & I went to the fair & rodeo.
He's such a cute lil' cowboy.
This proud grammy just had to share some pics from our fun day together.
He's a charmer!

No comments: