PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Pompei

Pompei 2
Pompei
Pompei 1

Pat at Pompei
This is Pat who was one of mom's tour mates on the trip.
My daughter and I love the fashion back then and plan on sewing up some vintage dresses from patterns I've collected from that era.  This seems to be one of the most popular designs and mom thinks she even saved the patterns she used for all of the dresses she made.  She even made her own belts for her skirts to match each dress. 
Business Square Pompei

Next up...Switzerland.
I'm really surprised these slides have survived over 50 years.  As you can tell, some are scratched and I'm so happy I've been able to finish scanning all of them before they were completely destroyed.  
The ones I'm enjoying the most are of Germany and Denmark which are coming up soon. 

No comments: