PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

My Mom's Trip To Europe June 1959

Railway Station Banff
 My Mom, Banff Canada Railway Station
June 1959

I convinced my mom to give me her slides from a trip she took to Europe in 1959.  I wanted to scan them so I could make a book for her. 

Mom lived in Billings Montana and in order to get to Europe, she had to drive to Banff to get on a train and then ride a train to Montreal.  There, she got on a ship and was off to Europe.  I can only imagine how excited she was!

It's going to take me some time to scan all of the slides but I thought I'd share some of them with you once in a while. She has a great photographer's eye and took all of the pictures with an Argus 35mm she bought from her brother.  

I hope you enjoy seeing what it was like back in 1959 like I do.

 Mom feeding the pigeons in Trafalgar Square

Read more here:

No comments: