PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

The Making of a Hat

The past couple of days have been nice and warm enough to sit outside and crochet.  I had a very easy pattern I found on Lion Brand for a kids sun hat (you'll need a free account at Lion Brand.com and just search for kids sun hat) that I wanted to make, but in an adult size.  The yarn I picked was some more of the Habu Textile linen.  Since it's thinner than what the pattern called for, I doubled it and used a smaller hook.  I don't know the formula for reducing the pattern to a smaller hook and increasing for an adult size, so I kinda just winged it.  Needless to say, I had to pull out a lot of rows because it was becoming a big yarmulka--and I ain't Jewish.  :)

I finished it yesterday and added a decorative trim to the brim.  

I wore it today with my Granny Pants and a thrifted top and leather belt.
Rock on Sistas!  

3 comments:

heather said...

I love it!!! And I'm impressed at the pattern changing too. I'm not to that stage yet...like at all. Very cute!!!

heather said...

I love it!!! And I'm impressed at the pattern changing too. I'm not to that stage yet...like at all. Very cute!!!

SARITHA@RAINBOWBUNTING said...

Love the hat!!!!