PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thrift Fix Friday

 I had to take some stuff to the thrift store this morning.  Of course, I can't leave without taking something else home.  My bad.  But, this tutorial has been on my mind, so I came out with a leather belt.  


 Now I have some vintage buttons to cover, rick rack for rings and white crochet thread to make some baker's twine from this tutorial.


 I also couldn't pass up these wax seals.  I have a thing for initials and cool brass stuff like this.  I can use them to make stamped jewelry.



But, the big find for me of the day?  A first edition of Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child.  Ever since I saw the movie Julie & Julia, I was determined to find a copy at a thrift store.  It's been on my thrift list and if I hadn't glanced over at the cookbook section while I was waiting at the register, I would have left it there and how very sad it would have been for me to do that.

Okay.  I'm signing off to finish my belt!  
    
Maize

1 comment:

Carrie Rowe said...

So jealous of your cookbook find!!!